Friday, September 28, 2007

San Francisco Peace Protest In Support Of Burma

A peace protest is happening in San Francisco today in about an hour (at 12 noon San Francisco time).

I will be covering it live from my iPhone and posting pictures and info from it here for the Internet community.

If you're in Burma right now you probably just lost your Internet connection this morning. I am greatful that I still have one.

Here are the details of the San Francisco peace protest. Please come out on your lunch break if you can! (I know you're sitting in your cube thinking "What Can I Do?")

12 noon
The Chinese Consulate, 1450 Laguna Street at Geary in San Francisco
(near Japantown). Please wear red (in solidarity with the maroon-robed monks), make signs, prepare to do both sitting and walking meditation.

Other protests in cities around the US are listed here:

http://www.bpf.org/html/whats_now/2007/burmaevents.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm there with you in Spirit ...as are many who live outside San Fran. Thanks for planning to post from the event!

Clint in Phoenix

madnomad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
immortal_tara said...

Gregg (photog at the protest)...

I sent you an email from immortal_tara at yahoo.

Check it out. I took your post down so your email wouldn't get so much spam.